This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Etsy and Amazon Associate I earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Sweet Flourless “Crepes”
Traditional crepes are a popular and very delicious French dish made with a combination of flour and eggs. But just because you’re Gluten Free or on a Keto diet doesn’t mean you have to miss out on a sweet crepes treat!
This extremely versatile, gluten-free version omits the flour and makes the most delicious low-carb wraps that you can enjoy with your favorite sweet fillings.
In this recipe we’ll show you how to make the flourless crepes as well as a rich balsamic glaze and a homemade maple whipped cream. The balsamic glaze is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth instead of using a sugar-filled chocolate sauce!
Drizzle the toppings over fresh strawberries and bananas for a totally yummy dessert!
For best results when cooking these flourless egg crepes briefly cover the skillet with a lid once the batter has been spread into a thin, uniform layer. This will help set the top, as well as the bottom, of your crepes. This will make them easier to flip and give a more uniform appearance when finished.
- Batter Ingredients:
- 6 large eggs
- 3 T. half and half
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 oz. fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream*
- 1-2 T. real maple syrup
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- Combine eggs, half and half, and olive oil in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- If desired, season batter with ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and/or a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Lightly spray a 10” non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set over medium-low heat. (You may want to adjust heat up slightly to just below medium).
- our ¼ cup of egg batter into pre-heated skillet and swirl pan to evenly coat the bottom with a thin layer. If any holes appear, add a little more batter to fill. Cover pan and cook until egg batter begins to set, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Once set, gently loosen the edges with a silicon spatula and flip the crepe, being careful to not break or tear it in the process.
- Cook for one minute more and remove crepe from pan.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place desired filling ingredients in the center of each crepe and fold over both sides to cover.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
To Make Maple Whipped Cream:
- In a large glass bowl, blend 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with a hand or immersion blender until it doubles in size and changes texture.
- Then, drizzle maple syrup into the bowl and continue blending until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Set aside.
To Make the Balsamic Glaze:
- Heat 1 cup of good balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat until it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume, stirring continually.
- When the liquid becomes thick and syrupy, it is ready to use.
- Cool slightly before using.